For every imam out there tonight defending Islam, there are thousands of Muslims who hear very different words from the Quran. The same is true within Christianity, Judaism, and every faith on the planet. The sectarian nature of religions leaves the door open for a culture (or individual) to interpret the Holy Books as they wish. Whether honor killings are a part of Islam or not is irrelevant. Like so many other murderous options, it’s the interpretation of the ‘Holy Word’ that’s important.
“The serious side examines the precepts and contentions of various religions in the context of what history actually reveals. The other is to approach it all with biting satire and flat out humor.”~Blogcritics.org
- Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12: Why we’re all going to die
- The Origin and Invention of St. Valentine’s Day
- Jim Jefferies On Religion
- Shafia Honor Killings
- A new Christian tactic?
- God Says Kill Horny Women
- Don’t Wish Me a Merry Christmas
- Amazon Atheist
- An Atheists Open Letter to God’s Followers
- ‘No gay sex’ logo
- Benetton Ad Pope Kissing Imam
- Iran Will Get the Bomb
- Why men are NOT in trouble (But folks like Bill Bennet are)
- Abortion: An Atheist’s Take (Part III)
- Muslims say crosses at Catholic University Violate “Human Rights”
If God Were a Car
Scientology is a scamI've always said that Scientology is a scam, but don't take my word on it. Here's an interview with the religion's founder, sci-fi author L. Ron Hubbard.